Monday, October 18, 2010

Authority

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:19-20

I am a son of my heavenly Father -- this is the joy of my salvation! How can I pass a moment without His presence? If depression is out to get you, it's time to get up and praise the Lord!

I am called to bring others into His sonship! If you're not proclaiming good news to others, why should God give you His authority? With power, comes responsibility.

I am a son of my heavenly Father, and Jesus has given me authority over all the power of the enemy, over everything that is in my hands and under my feet -- my body, my soul, my spirit, and its physical and spiritual possessions. I have authority over sicknesses, injuries and deformities in my body; I have authority over fear, unbelief, deception, temptation, my will and my emotions; and I have authority over pride within my spirit, and no evil force has the right to oppress me. Whatever physical property that belongs to me, and all that has been placed under my charge, the devil has no right to touch -- my time, money, my car, my job, my team, my students, my clients etc. I have authority over demonic influences that want to invade the people whom I have a personal relationship with -- my family members, my close friends, people who have blessed me in one way or another etc. The light shines in the darkness, and darkness cannot overcome it!

I am called to bring others into His sonship, and I have to step out to take possession of new ground, for it is God's desire to give me nations as an inheritance. I have the right to determine the spiritual atmosphere of a physical location, and I can have authority over any presence of evil in that place -- my home, my school, my workplace etc. I have the good news, that sets captives free!

No comments:

Post a Comment